Apr 7, 2013

The Irony of Happiness

A week of respite had given me the time and opportunity to declutter this multi-tasking head. And as I was pondering on grief and loss, I have found myself in a never-ending pursuit of remembering the times I had been at my happiest.

People all wanted to be happy and often people wanted to be so much happier that they have taken for granted simple joys life could bring. We search for happiness in the wrong places and from the wrong people. But the truth is, we can only find happiness if we have acknowledged that we are not and that in spite all the sadness, life is still a beauty to be grateful for.

 No one ever wanted to be sad or be depressed on things that we have no control of. If it is a consolation, every little circumstance in our lives has been predestined even before we set foot on earth. But sometimes, knowing that we have no control of every loss  is just not enough to give us the answers.

The secret to happiness is to stop looking for it and actually be at it. Cultivate a habit of gratitude and be thankful of simple things.



I am thankful to God...

"...that I had been given few intimate moments with my father. He never unfailingly forgot  my birthday as my day is just the day before his. He would write his birthday greetings on a scrap paper or a cigarette foil and hoped that he would give me a decent birthday card."

"...of the excruciating summer heat and remembered the time I was in a -30 degrees Celsius temperature."

"...of Godly sisters who would offer simple solutions to problems for free. Thanks Che!"

"...of the weight gain and that I have to go through this with my equally- fat-flaps-bestowed friends."

"...of the five presentations that I have to rush today. It only means that I still have a job to go back to."

"...that I woke up this morning to simply live this life out of second chance."



Share This!